A degree in US Studies prepares graduates for a variety of careers. A short list of potential career-paths available includes:
- Graduate school U.S. studies allows students to continue their studies in a wide array of disciplines (political science, history, economics, business, law, journalism).
- U.S. Government use your U.S.-specific knowledge to find employment in any of the numerous departments and agencies that comprise the U.S. civil service (for US citizens).
- Canadian Government join Foreign Affairs and work on issues involving the U.S. (just about all of them), find a placement in the Embassy in Washington, or work on US related issues in other agencies.
- Politics find exciting opportunities on Capitol Hill working in a Congressional or Senatorial office, or in a state capitol, or a consulting or lobbying firm.
- Business work for Canadian companies seeking to break into or expand their positions in the U.S. marketplace.
- Journalism cover U.S. politics